[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] VTTC question. [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] VTTC question.

Dear Matt,
I have no technical training,  but I have ran tubes in parallel. The
capacitance of the tubes is added changing the tuning of the circuit and
the impedance goes down.

I ran 4kw when I was a bit dumber through two GU81ms. They were unmatched
and both of the anodes had the same amount of glow. I only ran it for 10s
at a time :)

Personally I wouldn't bother with tubes in parallel because of the added
complexity and increased risk of failure. If there were a push pull
oscillator I would but not on a VTTC.

You would be better off getting a bigger transmitting tube and running
lower power through it.

Cheers!
-Wil