From: tesla-burst <tesla-burst@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Fri, Jul 18, 2014 8:06 pm
Subject: [TCML] Support our desktop SSTC Kickstarter campaign!

Hey all,

We (oneTesla <http://onetesla.com/about>) have just launched a Kickstarter
campaign
<https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/onetesla/tinytesla-the-little-singing-tesla-coil-anyone-can>
for a pair of coil kits that might interest you - tinyTesla, a small MIDI
SSTC, and oneTeslaTS, a desktop DRSSTC.

There's a lot of info on the Kickstarter page, but here's a summary of the
cool features the coils have:

   - Both kits are MIDI controlled; oneTeslaTS is controlled via the
   traditional computer->MIDI Adapter->Interrupter pathway, while tinyTesla's
   interrupter connects via USB and shows up as a USB-MIDI adapter. Both
   interrupters are fiber-optically isolated.
   - Zero tuning required. In particular, TS's secondaries are all
   identical down to the last turn, and the primaries are spirals on a 4oz
   PCB, so each and every coil should perform identically.
   - Both coils are super-compact, mostly thanks to the fact that our
   coil-winding partner can wind very high fill factor secondaries TS has a
   6.5" secondary and 6"x1.5" topload that resonates at 250KHz, and tiny has a
   3.5"x3" secondary that runs at around 450KHz unloaded.
   - We tried hard to keep the primary current down on TS; it sits at
   around 200A right now, which is not too hard on the 180A-rated IGBT's. This
   should give a longer lasting coil.

Thanks in advance for your support, and feel free to ask questions!