[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] fluid quenched rotary spark gap [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] fluid quenched rotary spark gap

Alfred
Great write up!  Your comments spurred
some thoughts in this "gray head".
Oil filled transformers will generate gas
In a flashover event as you observed.
Species of gases include actedelyene and
hydrogen, both explosive and both NOT
desired around energized equipment!
Some large station service (>100MVA)
have gas sensors to detect these precursors
to failure, usually dead gas space in these
power units are filled with dry N2.

--
Dave Sharpe, TCBOR/HEAS
Chesterfield, VA USA