Sent: Friday, April 04, 2014 3:55 AM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Secondary Resonant Frequency test ??

Very easy...

1) disconnect the bottom wire to your secondary and connect the generator output to it (square wave is fine)... 2) power up the scope and let a piece of wire (12" or so) dangle from the probe and place the probe about toroid level and about 6 feet from coil. 3) sweep the generator increasing frequency while keeping an eye on the scope...

When your scope shows a sine wave with the largest peak, that is your fundamental frequency.

That's is the most basic.

Take care,
Bart