[Home][2014 Index] Re: [TCML] Secondary Resonant Frequency test ?? [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] Secondary Resonant Frequency test ??

Hi Matthew,

Disconnect the primary tap, so that the primary circuit doesn't interfere
with the secondary.

Connect a signal generator between mains-ground, and the base connection of
the secondary coil.  Make sure the top load is connected to the top of the
secondary and that the secondary is situated atop the primary so that its
relationship with everything else is just as it will ultimately be.

Turn on the signal generator to its highest amplitude.  Connect a scope
probe to a short length of wire a few feet away from the topload.  Don't
let anything come close to the topload or that will detune the circuit and
alter the resonant frequency.  Turn the scope vertical gain to max and
sweep the signal generator through the anticipated frequency range.  You
should see a pronounced peak response as you bit the resonant frequency.

Regards, Gary lau
MA, USA

On Thu, Apr 3, 2014 at 7:32 AM, matty mcqueeney <matty_queeney@xxxxxxxxxxxxx