Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 18:03:48 -0400 (EDT)
From: Sondermane@xxxxxxx
To: chip@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Tesla coil stuff

Chip,

I looked through my stuff this morning.  This is a list of the items  that
someone might be interested in.  I did not see any to the type of  nsts like
these on ebay.

nst:
1 Jefferson 15kv @ 60ma
1 Transco 15kv @ 60ma
1 Franceformer 15kv @ 60ma
I think these might be worth 100.00 each

also
1 Franceformer 12kv @ 30 ma
1 Magnetek 12kv @ 30 ma
these are probably worth 50.00 to 75.00

Variacs:
2 Powerstat model 116 BU 120 volts in / 0-240 volts out at 10 amps  (50.00?)
1 Powerstat model 1226 120/240 volts in at 9 amps (75.00?)
1 very large and heavy variac that I can't see a nameplate on.  I  would
guess it is 120 or 240 in at 20 amps.  The core is 3.5" tall and  about 11"
wide.  I will take a couple of pictures of it.

1 synchronous rotary gap.  I made it and used one of the 10 amp  variacs to
make a phase control system for it.  I don't recall what I paid  for that
motor and all the parts but a price of 100.00 seems fair.

The caps that I have probably are not worth half of what I paid for them
since most folks are probably making their own mmc style now.  I have two  of
the Maxwell caps that say catalog # 36667, .03 ufd at 35kv.  I had read
about other coilers destroying these so I only used them in series on my three
 inch coil  with a 15 kv 60 ma transformer.  Maybe 50.00 each for  those.

I also have two of what I call radar mica style caps (not real sure of
their construction) they are round and white with threaded connections on each
side.  Printed on the side: N4700  402K  20 kv 105A.  They  are about .75"
thick and 2.4" in diameter.  These were used on the three  inch coil also at
12kv and 15kv in parallel.  I am probably lucky I did not  destroy them.
25.00 each

So that's all I can easily find.  We will be leaving here (Spokane,  WA)
around the end of the month and driving to Phoenix via Salt Lake City.   If
you will post this list I would appreciate it.  You can list my email
address.  I hope I don't get overwhelmed with email.  Thanks for doing  this for
me.  Do you live in Colorado?

I would be willing to ship the caps but I am not very motivated to make
wooden shipping crates to ship any of the nsts or variacs.

Ed