From: David Speck
Sent: Thursday, November 28, 2013 11:11 AM
To: Tesla Coil Mailing List
Subject: Re: [TCML] DC Coil progress and MOT configuration

Neal,

Shorting the filament lead is just icing on the cake.  Probably
insignificant electrically, except to those of us with OCD.

The primaries would definitely be connected in parallel.  As far as the
secondaries are concerned, you could connect them in parallel for double
the current, or in series for double the voltage.

If you bond the frames of the transformers together, you can consider
the two transformers to be equivalent to a single center tapped
transformer with the connected frames being the center tap, something
near ground potential.  At peak voltage, you would have +2,200 volts to
the center tap at one HV terminal, and -2,200 volts to the center tap at
the other HV terminal, or a total of 4,400 volts total across the two HV
output terminals of the stack.

You can drive out the magnetic shunt laminations located in the gaps
between the primary and secondary coils for a little higher output
current with either arrangement.

Dave