[Home][2013 Index] Re: [TCML] DC Coil progress. and getting MOT's [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] DC Coil progress. and getting MOT's

Hi Greg et al

Gotcha

I  placed the charging inductor only on one side and use 100 1N5408 1kV 3A
diodes in series for dequing. I can see no problems with placing  a charging
inductor in each leg but neither can I see a compelling reason to do it.

FWIW my ring up inductor array is about 10 Hy (gapped MOT's of 2 in series
and 2 of those in parallel) all glued onto a piece of 12mm thick phenolic
using the old reliable brown wallboard adhesive

My RF deck is decoupled from the DC supply with L section LP filters of 500
pF and 1mH chokes made from the ferrite E/I sections found in the frame O/P
drive from old TV sets. Some suggest these filters should not be used as
they create their own transients.

No problems with destroying  silicon with this overkill in the de quing.
Silicon is so cheap that in all cases I use silicon overkill and no
equalising R and C.

Keep up the work
Rgds
Ted in NZ