[Home][2013 Index] [TCML] NST Repair [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

[TCML] NST Repair

I heated the two 9/60 NST's in an oven hoping to repair any possible
internal shorts. Luckily, this was done at an oven here at work. About one
third of the tar boiled out exposing the upper portion of the windings,
etc., and leaving slumped areas with porosity holes.

The questions are should I reheat the transformers at a lower temp. to
close up the holes then replace the lost tar with vaseline? Melt out all
tar and refill completely with vaseline? Replace the transformers and not
go through the above.

In the meantime I'm starting on a completely new one.

Thanks in advance for any advice, and yes I probably did something wrong
when heating the transformers.

Tim Flood