RE: [TCML] Is a TC reversible?

There is a company near me that owns many recent patents on the wireless transmission of electricity, which has been featured in Popular Science and in at least one TED talk on youtube:

http://www.witricity.com/

While their methods and patents do work, the devices of course follow the inverse square law of loss of power over distance, and while they use electromagnetic resonance, from what I gather, they are not that much like the Tesla coils discussed on this list.  From what I gather over the years, it seems like this list is for making 'leaky' air core resonant transformers that produce those lovely streamers and sparks that are a joy to watch and behold, and not really for discussion of the wireless transmission of power - and potentially information, which was Tesla's original intent for the types of coils we make.  We think coils that leak out of their toploads look quite pretty and tend to keep the discussions around that, and the various ways to achieve that effect.

That being said, wireless transmission of electricity with a resonant transformer is a repeatedly proven fact, buts is practicality is somewhat limited, though improvements upon it are being actively worked on, formally by WiTriCity, and informally by many others.  I am sure there are other forums or mailing lists on the internet where that type of discussion is welcome.  But if they start to mention 'free energy', turn around and run the other way!

Brian Hall