Re: [TCML] At a loss. No light on second coil (Update)

On 03/30/2013 08:26 PM, Andrew Webster wrote:
All,

I cannot thank you enough for you time helping me out with this. I
took all of the advice that I received and went to work. I pulled it
all down, checked it piece by piece. The big task at hand was my power
supply. I pulled the entire thing back out of the oil and set it up on
the workbench, hooked up one of my spare mots backwards to get a nice
6.3v input and started testing my phasing and wiring. Once I had that
complete I dropped them back in the oil and started on a ballast. The
easiest thing I could do right away was a shorted MOT.

Well, I got first light tonight! And what a show it was. Seeing as I
am still working on the ARSG I just used my sucker gap but it runs and
runs well. I haven't even had time to tune it yet but it lives and it
was a great show and a wonderful night!

Thank you all again!

Here is a video of it up and running!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Nq-X-xtEGw

Have a wonderful night!

I forgot to ask you earlier, did the MOTs you used in the power supply still have their shunts, or did you pop them out?

Congrats on getting your coil going, it looks great!

Jon