[TCML] Brandon's new coil

Hi Brandon,
 I think the best method to get good sparks and protect your NST is to go
with a dc coil with a charging/discharging rotary gap(search dc coils for
details).     After 50 some years of playing with various Tesla coils I
am finally  having great success with dc coils.   The rotary gap is as easy
to build as any gap and isolates the NST from the Tesla's primary
circuitry.   Also I'm using a choke in series with the dc feeding the RSG
which stretches the lightning bolts.  I have built my latest coil using a
modular approach so I can make changes with ease.  I now have three
portable, on rollers, dc supplies including a 2kw, a 3+kw and a 5+kw to
feed the coil.  I'm waiting for good warm weather to move outdoors to
really give the coil(s) a good test.  Good luck coiling and be safe.
Charles