-----Original Message----- From: Mark X2
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2013 11:05 PM
Peter,

you wrote
Use a counterpoise if there is any doubt about the earth adequacy.

What's the best way to check this?

When I was busy with my dedicated HF ground, I simply measured the
resistance between this HF ground and the blue neutral wire in the nearest
wall socket.  It measured somewhere between 50 and 200 kOhm, being a bit
dependant of the weather.

Mark