[TCML] SSTC controller; fiber optics/midi questions

Hello All,

I am planning on building a controller for the little sstc i have been working on.
I have a few questions,
First, does any one have a recommended set of fiber components . the transmitter, fiber and receiver which seem to work nicely and remain to be cheap.
Second, If I make a midi converter, would that limit me to using the midi from a midi piano and such, or do computers output midi as well. Something I have never really been clear on, if so can someone elaborate a bit on computers and midi and the sort?

Many Thanks

John "Jay" Howson IV

"Why thank you, I will be happy to take those electrons off your hands."