Re: [TCML] srsg to vari speed rsg

Thanks for your thoughts Scott,  I am using a 60:1 distribution transformer with an adjustable (gapped) inductive ballast.
I am tapped out of primary inductance, so I cant really decrease my cap.  I have a lot of flexibility though with the ballast.  Thinking
about the gap you suggest has me boggled, maybe something like Richard Hulls series quench rsg with swithchable stationary electrodes?
What appeals to me, is that a vari speed gap can be adjusted on the fly, no stopping and fiddling.  That is why I made the Freu phase shifter.

This has really got me thinking about rotary gaps!

cheers