[TCML] Inside a Potential Transformer

A while ago I've cut out a piece of a perished PT, 100:6000V single pole,
to see what's inside. But I've never shared the photo, so here it is:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/91748036@N06/9374253781/sizes/h/

The laminated core has a 30 cm2 cross section.
The low voltage side has exactly 120 windings with a flat 4 x 1mm aluminium
wire and the high voltage side is wound with an 0.32mm enameled copper wire.

What's interesting is that it has 2 copper shields. One is over the LV
winding, which is also connected to the LV winding and the core / earth.
The second shield is over the HV winding and is connected to the HV winding
at the bushing end.

I realize these are for protection when lightning strikes and stuff, but I
wonder if the shields also reduce RF coupling. Implying a PT could function
as an isolating transformer?

Mark
http://youtu.be/PQ33XojkWyM