Re: [TCML] Pole Pig Question

Definitely 240VAC.
I would run the extra service as a separate subpanel.  60A-100A would probably be good with multiple circuits for 120VAC spark gaps, controls, and 240VAC for the pole transformer.

Hi,
    Another question related to this post...I am currently in the process of building a house and want to prewire an outside outlet for a future pig.
I was planning on a 50A/120V outlet but this post got me wondering...what is more common with pigs, 120V or 240V? Should I run a 240V line instead?
Thanks a lot!

Jeremy