Re: [TCML] Pre-Launch Prep Procedure

H All,

Yes the referenced lamp is the type that I used.  While I initially
soldered connections to the bulb ends, I was concerned with the possibility
of the lamp's heat melting the solder and coming loose.  I've since
constructed a wooden board with some spring steel sheet metal contacts that
press against the lamp's dimples as was intended.  An image of the dummy
load board can be seen on page 10 of this document:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B0afsm3K5nFYNGQ3MmJlZGEtYjQ5My00OTJhLTkwNDMtOWEwMjRkYWJkZjAy/edit?usp=sharing
As the lamps will radiate a LOT of heat, I lined the board under the lamps
with aluminum foil to reflect the heat, being careful not to get the
conductive foil too close to the spring steel contacts..

The lamps should be used instead of the primary, not in series with it.
 Having the primary in series with the lamps might kinda work, but there
would still be a good deal of RF oscillations, damped by the added
resistance of the lamps.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA