Re: [TCML] Quick Question

FWIW, I met an engineer who told me that the spark gaps are what create all of the emi. He said when they fire they cover infinite frequencies.

On 7/7/2013 9:21 PM, dave pierson wrote:
Hi all, just a quick one. I was running my rotary spark gap the other
day to do some testing, and so I had a multimeter out on my bench
top, fairly close to the spark gap assembly. When I ran the spark
gap the display on the multimeter went a bit haywire - it all
flashed up and started rapidly cycling through random numbers
and symbols etc. It only did this when the spark gap was
firing. Would this be due to RFI coming off the spark
gap and interfering with the multimeters internal
circuitry?
     Almost certainly.  Different meters have different
     levels of immunity.  Something to be said for
     non digital meters.  8)>>

     best
      dwp