[Home][2013 Index] Re: [TCML] just a thought [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] just a thought

On 12/27/2013 11:48 AM, Reverend Fuzzy wrote:
As I was waiting for the end of this morning's, eh, constitutional, I was
thinking... I have a bunch of old CD's laying around... if I were to sand
the silver coating off, and glue 3 or 4 of them together, (properly centered
of course), would it be suitable as the rotor in a rotary spark gap for a
low-power SG coil ???

Has anyone actually tried this?  Just a thought, so no biggie if it's goofy.

Might work, but if you were to use them to interrupt the arc itself, I was told that it would just be a sireen.

On another note, I once considered a stack of CDs as a capacitor, but never figured out a way to make the connections.