[Home][2013 Index] Re: [TCML] 3 phase mot dc coil first light [Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [TCML] 3 phase mot dc coil first light

Well Greg looks really good. The machine will be interesting when configured for full power.

I was not too sure if you gapped your ring up inductors or not but I believe it is quite important if they will be running more than about 300mA . The cores saturate quite easily and gapping made a big difference.

In some less than well documented experiments I set up a MOT to measure the actual inductance as the DC component in the secondary was increased against various gapping from zero gap thru to about 0.5mm which is why I am sure gapping is the way to go and to array them up to get the inductance required. Thanks for the post
Regards
ted in NZ

Http://www.gregsstuff.co  Apologies for the terrible video commentary.