Re: [TCML] Minimum number of MMC strings?

Adam,
a MMC is for many spark gap coils probably the most expensive component.
But since your's won't have all that much single capacitors, I'd stronlgy
recommend investing those few extra bucks and get the 942Cs.

If my memory serves me well, I recollect a thread were the dV/dt value was
marked as important. Anyone, please correct me if I'm wrong, since I'm not
an E engineer. When comparing datasheets, notice dV/dt:

942C  = 2879 V/µs
multiplied with .15 uF gives 432 A peak

B3202 = 400 V/µs
multiplied with .15 uF gives 60 A peak