Re: [TCML] RATCB 2013 Teslathon

On 8/26/2013 11:05 PM, Greg Leyh wrote:
Great food, wild arcs, lots of interesting characters, and some highly technical discussions around the coffee box. Also, coils!

I'm frankly amazed that Ed's wood rafters haven't completely burned through from arc strikes.

The swap meet was fantastic... if I'd brought a truck, I would have filled it. It's probably a good thing that I flew in.

Thanks Ed, for an electrifying soire!

-GL

Greg,

I'm honored that you made the long trip here to attend our humble event. I hold you in very high esteem in the Tesla coil world.

Thanks for the kind comments. Fact is though, that the guests at the Teslathon are who make it what it is. I'm fortunate to get some of the most knowledgeable and interesting people in the country here at the Teslathon. The wealth of knowledge possessed by the group that gathers here every August is impressive, to say the least.

A close look at the wood components of the trusses in my lab reveals some deep groves from the arc action. They have taken a beating over the years. It looks a lot like water erosion. I'm planning to put up a ceiling and put in a furnace this fall so I can work out there in the Winter. Sheet metal on the ceiling should stop the erosion before the building collapses. <G>

I'm disappointed that I didn't have my large DRSSTC up and running for the event, but other activities and my slow approach to the construction of the electronics due to my newbie status in the solid state realm prevented it. The DRSSTC will be functional for next year's event.

Thanks again for attending. I hope to see you at the WWT in March 2014.

Best regards,

Ed