Re: [TCML] toroids instead of spheres - why?

I'm not sure which document you are referencing, but if I am not mistaken,
a toroid typically has a larger capacitance for a given breakdown voltage
does it not?  IT also has far superior top turns shielding characteristics
which is why we use them so much; I believe this has to do with the E-field
shape though and not the capacitance.

Scott Bogard.