RE: [TCML] Faraday Cage Safety

This interesting discussion has gotten me thinking of how to design a small coil where no conductive part would need to breach the wall of the cage.  It would be a SSTC, the low voltage signal generator located outside the cage and then feeding through a fiber optic hookup (the fiber optic cable being the only item going through the cage wall) to a battery powered unit inside the cage.

I have yet to build a SSTC but have experimented with 555 timer chip astable circuits to make LEDs blink at different frequencies and duty cycles.  Somewhere along the line I heard such a driver could control power flow from a couple of 6 volt lantern batteries to an older type auto ignition coil with an external condenser, and from there have the single terminal HV out charge the tank and then have the rest of the secondary and topload in the cage as well?  I could even have the 555 signal be 50 or 60 Hz with a 50% duty cycle to simulate what AC would deliver, making the math for the rest of the coil design easier, then probably a cascade multiplier to step up the voltage to an IGBT - but then ignition coils are designed to run at 12 volts, so maybe I should try to increase the amperage instead?   I have run an ignition coil by itself as described with 2 lantern batteries 6v each, a couple switches and a relay wired to act like a 'buzzer' (analog infinite loop).
Has anyone tried that full design as I describe? Parts of it?  I might try it, but wonder if it would be worth attempting such a coil design, then if it works, to contain as much RF within a cage a possible, no back feed into the home power line etc, so any advice there is welcome (if the idea for an auto ignition coil as an HV source for a SSTC branches outside of the faraday cage discussion then feel free to change the subject line)

Brian Hall