Re: [TCML] Variac question

Jay,

That should work just fine.

Dave

On 8/3/2013 10:58 PM, jhowson4@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
So, I acquired a pretty nice variac the other day, Powerstat 136BU-2 in a sweet shell.

It has two cores with the brushes on a common knob, each rated for 120V 22A. with a matching transformer in the back.

I was thinking about ignoring the matching transformer and rewiring it to make each core one leg of 240V line and the neutral. Thus giving me 240V at 22 Amps.

Any issues with doing this? Seems like a pretty decent way to go from where i'm sitting.

Cheers,
John "Jay" Howson IV