[TCML] 10.75" x 76" Fully Threaded Secondary Coils

A special project being made this weekend, detailed photos and videos on my Facebook account (public profile):
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1396620246

Bill Wysock would be proud of this!  My friend Ciprian Timbal and I are turning, threading, and inlaying wire in 10" SCH 40 PVC
pipe.  WHAT a process!!!!  We are making 3 forms, each 76" long.  Turned true and threaded fully 14 TPI inlaid with 16 AWG.
The turning process, 224 RPM, feed rate .005 IPR creates a continuous PVC chip over 20,000 feet long.  It fills a 55 gallon drum!!!
The threading process is done at 14 RPM, and requires to stand there for 72 minutes and remove the threadlike chip as it is turned off of
the pipe.  The winding process with this stiff wire is an awkward backache.  But the finished product...well...about as nice as you can make.

In the middle of winding the first coil, I got a surprise call from a  woman who found an original Frankenstein set photo signed and dedicated (with fountain pen) by Kenneth Strickfaden.

It was under a photo in a frame she bought 30 years ago to put her high school picture.  Priceless history.  She has a goldmine in that frame.  The story made my day...
was my 37th birthday yesterday.  I think the spirits of Bill, Ken, Harry Goldman, Frederick Strong, Earle Ovington, I think they were all  with us last night.  A historic night, till 1:30 am!

For reference, the 20 ft length of PVC pipe cost $240.  The spool of 16 AWG Essex inverter duty magnet wire cost $858/92 lb spool.  I don't know how any of us can continue to afford this hobby.  We need to start a campaign to keep the copper in the US instead of scrapping it all...Its hard to believe the cost of things.

Does anyone have any large spun torroids for sale?  John Freau?   Also looking for a 10KVA pole pig in perfect condition.  Final project TBA, very excited...

Jeff Behary, c/o
The Turn Of The Century Electrotherapy Museum
http://www.electrotherapymuseum.com