Re: [TCML] Amplified CT?

Cascading CTs may have been started by me (at least in the TC community),
and i did it because i wanted to step the current down to a very low level
to limit the dissipation in my burden/load, but also have several volts of
signal.  You can achieve nearly the same result with just a lot more turns
on a single CT, but i suspect the parasitic capacitance of the winding will
start to come into play with the leakage inductance and cause some HF
roll-off and phase error (lagging voltage).

You could use a very low burden impedance and boost the voltage signal with
an amplifier, but then you must contend with amplifier gain-bandwidth
limitations if your frequency or signal levels are too high, so just watch
out...

Steve