[TCML] Isolating Transformer

I just remembered that I have an old 1:1 isolating transformer, which may
be of use for my TC. It's a chunky and heavy unit so it's gotta be a
traditional transformer. Have these units been used before in TCs? I have
already purchased a mains line filter, so I would probably have the line
filter across the mains socket, followed by this isolating transformer to
add further protection. The specs of it are:

750VA
50Hz
240V primary, 240V secondary
3A secondary
Single phase
VEC. GRP. 71 (not sure what this is)

(My NST is likely to draw around 2A - although haven't finished it yet so
can't be sure)

What do we think about this?

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/854/img20130412125019.jpg/
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/856/img20130412124642.jpg/