Re: [TCML] Rewiring with Copper Strap - What All Needs It?

Any RSG must be constructed to be well balanced, so that they don't
self-destruct.  That's where propeller gaps shine - they have a minimal
amount of rotating mass, as compared with RSG's employing disks, so it's
easier to build them well-balanced.  Here's my propeller gap:
http://www.laushaus.com/tesla/sync_gap.htm

Getting back to the original question, the only portion of the circuit that
benefits from heavy-gauge wiring is the tank circuit loop, comprising the
tank cap, gap, and primary coil.  The hookup from the NST to Terry filter
and Terry filter to gap are low-current and not part of the tank circuit
loop, so there's no benefit to making these connections extra-heavy.  And
as a practical matter, in an NST-powered coil, it's unlikely one would see
measurable benefit between #10 and copper strap in the tank circuit, or
even #18 and copper strap, if the lengths are just a few inches.  It just
_feels_ right to use beefy tank circuit interconnects!

In the link to my gap above, 5th photo down, you can see the Terry filter
feeding the gap via a pair of orange #18AWG wires.  The connections from
the gap to the primary and tank cap are via heavier gauge wire.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA