[TCML] A "parts bin" Micro SGTC

Sometimes it is nice to just do something on a whim with no expectations what so ever.
It is also nice to remember how much you can do with just the basics.
So, when I felt the itch for some SG streamers today I took action.

Secondary: 7" of 30ga on a 3.25" form (~530T). From my first SSTC, will be used in an upcoming SSTC.
NST: 7.5/30 (from my first SGTC)
MMC: 17.6nF @ 16kV (from my first SGTC)
Spark Gap: two 1/4-20 bolts shoved in a water bottle about 0.25” apart. (to block UV and noise)
Primary: 5T of 10ga on a 4.5" form.
Modeled coupling factor (k): 0.127
fres: ~500kHz

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JmyGG4kV328
Picture: http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/3558/microsgtc.jpg

While I normally stick to Solid State coiling, there is just something so “tame” about the corona bush, even when interrupted, compared to the wild tendrils of a spark gap coil. It is nice to see them whip about now and again. Easy come, easy go, though. I’ll be taking this apart to use the secondary for a new table top SSTC, and then the NST and MMC go back in to storage.

-Matt “Sigurthr” Giordano