Re: [TCML] Re: Toroid

On 9/30/12 6:52 PM, anthony lockwood wrote:
the bottom of my secondary is connected to the cold water Tap..

Ah.. not the best place from a performance standpoint...

You might try putting a counterpoise under the coil to provide a good RF ground.

..the
caps are 25 ,150ml empty plastic medicine containers .

You might be getting loss in the caps.. saltwater caps usually use glass bottles (which are also lossy).. How thick is the plastic in the bottles? (you might be getting pinholes or corona discharge)

 salt water
leydon jar setup.,a tin of red bull energy drink can fits snugly
around the containers ,instead of foil.don't know capacitance dont
know nsts voltage.

The NST will usually have a name plate that gives voltage. Or, you can set up a simple spark gap and measure it. 70 kV/inch in a gap with roughly uniform field (not a needle gap..).. If you have a couple smooth round things about an inch or so in diameter (drawer pulls, doorknobs) they make good gap electrodes.

gonna take the whole thing apart and use 3 mots and
start again.

Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 16:46:43 -0700 From: jimlux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx Subject: Re: [TCML] Re: Toroid