Re: [TCML] Capacitor in Terry Fritz's plane wave antenna

Unfortunately I don't live in an area where Digi-Key shipping is affordable.

Seeing as the main differences between NP0/C0G and X7R are dC/dV and temperature coefficient, it sounds like the best route is to use X7R ceramics instead. The antenna isn't going to experience temperature changes of any magnitude between calibration and use, and the voltage across the capacitor will hopefully be small compared to the rated voltage.

(One additional issue is frequency coefficient, but hopefully the resonant frequency of the coil won't change much...)