Re: [TCML] Tesla files

Comments below:

-----Original Message-----
From: ashumate3 <ashumate3@xxxxxxx>
To: tesla <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thu, Sep 6, 2012 10:02 am
Subject: Re: [TCML] Tesla files

Speaking of Tesla Files - I remember reading years ago that when Tesla
died the FBI confiscated all of his papers that was with him. Have these papers
 ever seen the light of day.

Not yet.

I think one of things he proposed was a death ray which I think would be
the laser beam.

I think this is the fallacy of reading technology backwards into history.
The theoretical possibility of the Maser (microwave precursor to the laser)
wasn't developed until Tesla has been dead nine years. The theoretical
principles describing the operation of a maser were first described by
Nikolay Basov and Alexander Prokhorov from Lebedev Institute of Physics in
May 1952.
Charles H. Townes, James P. Gordon, and H. J. Zeiger built the first ammonia
maser at Columbia University in 1953. Townes later worked with Arthur L.
Schawlow to describe the principle of the optical maser, or laser, of which
Theodore H. Maiman created the first working model in 1960.
For their research in the field of stimulated emission, Townes, Basov and
Prokhorov were awarded the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1964.
Tesla did many great things in electrical engineering,
This was not one of them.
Matt D.

In a message dated 9/5/2012 1:47:32 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,