From: tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tesla-bounces@xxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Jim Lux
Sent: Tuesday, 23 October 2012 9:02 AM
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [TCML] RE: Sound Modulated tesla Coils

On 10/22/12 11:30 AM, Greg Cousen wrote:
> Hi Mate,
> Thank you for your reply, I have looked on the net but have not seen
> any kits for the SSTCs, I have seen the rotary gap advertised as a
> kit, I will keep on looking, here in Aust our voltage is 230 / 240
> @50hz, I will look into the variable frequency idea, thanks again :)

Search for DRSSTC and modifiers..

http://www.drsstc.com/ has a bunch of links

http://www.easternvoltageresearch.com/  - Dan McCauley's site

http://www.stevehv.4hv.org/ - Steve Ward's site

And, of course, you can ask on the TCML..

a total "turnkey" kit might not exist: you'll need to get various bits and
pieces together.  For instance, I think there's several people selling just
the drive electronics, and it's up to you to get the power devices (because
list price they're hideously expensive, but they turn up surplus fairly
often at low prices).  Or they assume you know how to go about winding a
secondary and getting a toroidal topload.

there are also folks who have done a design for themselves and posted the
artwork and schematics, and it's up to you to get the board made and put it
together..