From: "Jeff Behary" <jeff_behary@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Sunday, October 14, 2012 1:14:38 PM
Subject: [TCML] Strickfaden Neon Sign Transformer

Apologies, forgot the link!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0L6OHXP-pg

From: Jeff Behary [mailto:jeff_behary@xxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Sunday, October 14, 2012 1:13 PM
To: 'tesla@xxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: Strickfaden Neon Sign Transformer

A generous friend sent me this surprise from Ebay - a California man was
given it by Ken when he met him as a kid.
15kV 120mA. After making a Jacob's ladder as it was originally used, I have
a renewed respect for high voltage J.

I've made some evil ladders with X-Ray xfmrs, etc, but short of a neon
bombarding xfmr this is still pretty impressive!
Next project might be a micrometer adjustment "V" to see how high a Jacob's
Ladder can get with more standard NSTs.
I'm thinking of using flat bar on edge instead of the normal bent wires -
they get knocked out of whack too easy!

Jeff Behary, c/o

The Turn Of The Century Electrotherapy Museum

http://www.electrotherapymuseum.com