Sent: Thursday, October 04, 2012 7:54 PM
Subject: Re: [TCML] Cleaning Copper Primary Coil (with Muriatic/HydrochloricAcid)

Oh, and one more thing. Hot glue or zip ties for securing the coil?
I'm also open to other suggestions of course. Those are simply easiest
and more or less preferred. But still, your ideas are invaluable to
me, I'm always happy to hear them. ;)

Thanks for all the help,
Brandon H.

forget the steel wool and just pick up a can of Brasso from your local dept store.

As an alternative to this, brasso is basically the
same thing minus the waxes, so get some high quality car wax, and be
prepared to use some elbow grease...

You can lacquer it when you are done (except
on the tap point) if you are really worried about it.

Steel wool seems to be the way to go. I had a brilliant man tell me once
to apply a vary thin coat of car wax to the copper after getting the
primary situated. Seems to keep the tarnish away ;)