[TCML] Cleaning Copper Primary Coil (with Muriatic/Hydrochloric Acid)

Hello All,

It seems I'll be resuming my coiling project after a long absence.
Consequentially, my primary coil has become quite the mess. It wasn't
exactly pretty from the start, but after cleaning my spark gap nice
and shiny, the tarnishing really stands out to me. Along with
rebuilding it, I'd like to bring back it's original gleam.
As enticing as it sounds, polishing 70 feet of copper with a piece of
steel wool isn't going to cut it for me, so I was hoping to use some
sort of acid for this task. I have a couple gallons of muriatic acid
(for pool use) on hand and it seems to be a prime candidate for
cleaning copper.
I've also read that it would be unwise to simply submerge the coil in
the acid as it would eat away at the copper and cause pitting. Of
course this means polishing 70 feet of copper with an acid dosed piece
of steel wool - still sounds pretty un-enthusing to me.

How would/have you cleaned your coils? With or without acid, If it
beats the steel wool and elbow grease, I'm all for it.

Thanks for any help,
Brandon H.