Re: [TCML] Advice for my first SGTC

Always use a correctly set safety gap, this will protect your cap and other
components.
It also gives you the time to use your kill switch
or to unplug the cord if you're one of those people ;)

If you're designing your MMC, mind the differences between RMS, Max, AC and
DC voltages.
I've respected the capacitor's max. AC voltages given by the manufacturer.
It's probably very conservative, but better safe than sorry is my motto
here.