RE: [TCML] Primary Coil-sections

FYI, soldering will not work unless the copper is pretty clean. Flux works wonders to resolve that issue.

Sent via the Samsung Galaxy Note® II, an AT&T 4G LTE smartphone

-------- Original message --------
From: Pete Ritchie <petercritchie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 11/15/2012  10:28 PM  (GMT-08:00)
To: tesla@xxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [TCML] Primary Coil-sections

Hi all, I have a quick question. I have been coiling for a few years now
and havent really noticed too much  of an issue with this but i am just not
sure of how it may effect the operation of a SGTC. The Primary coil
consists of 1/4 inch copper tubing which is obviously common and my
particular coil had to be made in two sections due to length availability.
Now i have them connected via an amount of alumimun HVAC/ foil tape and
continuity checks out and the output is decent. My question is, does
anybody think that this may affect the primary inductance to a concernable
amount? and might anyone know of a better method of connection for these
sections of tubing? (soldering would not work) Thank you all for your
time!  Sincerely Pete.