Re: [TCML] Attaching the secondary wire to the topload

On 11/07/2012 03:27 PM, Brian Hall wrote:

What methods have you found work best for attaching that top bit of
wire from the secondary to whatever topload you happen to have?
[snip]

Hi Brian,

When I am finished winding my coil, I solder the solid copper wire to a short length of stranded wire, cover it with heat shrink tubing, then add wire ties around the top to provide a mechanical strain relief. After this, the whole thing is coated in multiple coats of polyurethane, as usual, to further unify the assembly.

The stranded wire I used is whatever I have laying around; in this case it is some 18 gauge lamp cord that I stole one conductor from.

To connect this to the topload, I strip an inch or so from the end of the stranded wire, and tape it to the underside of the topload.

I just happen to have my coil disassembled at the moment, so here is a picture relating to the words appearing above this line: http://i.imgur.com/jH9lQ.jpg

Jon