To: <tesla@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2012 6:17 PM
Subject: [TCML] Tesla Coil noob, a few questions,

Hey dudes,
I recently got turned onto amateur electronics and more specifically tesla
coils. The main reason for this is for end game, powering a lifter, using
the Befield-Brown effect, and from what i understand, these things can
supply the types of power levels im looking for. Everything is going well
so far, just picked up a NST , 15kv 30ma, and started the build. Its a
small one, made some salt water caps, wired everything up according to the
plans found online, (pretty simple), but am running into some issues.
Specifically, its not working LOL (spark gap isnt triggering at all). Ive
heard the with these types of DYI caps, a large amount might be required
for the type of NST im using, 30ma. Basically im lookin for some advice on
different things to try, ive read about the miniature cap cell/grid and
those look interesting. But im new to this stuff and not prepared ot jump
in that deep yet. Any advice to a new coiler, wheher it be books, website,
personal info, or anything would be greatly appreciated. I can tell im
going to get pretty deep into this stuff. Anyways thanks,
Dylan S.