Re: [TCML] ANOTHER ONE DOWN, ANOTHER 37667 BITES THE DUST

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tuomas Koivurova" <tkoivuro@xxxxxxxxx>

Stay within the ratings and you will be fine. I have trusty pig driven
DC spark gapper where i have 80kVpp reversal handling capability (45kV
DC and 80% reversal rating) and my worst case reversal is 60kVpp.
Never had any troubles with that and i have pushed it so hard that my
primary was hot to touch! All caps are still fine and will be for long
time.

Hi Toumas,

Just wondering  how you derived your "80 kVpp" reversal
rating? I assume you're looking at 80% of 45 kV (36
kV) and then doubling it - that only yields 72 kV? Of course your cited "worst case scenario" of 60 kVpp is still comfortably within that spec, too (83%) ;^)

David Rieben