From: "drieben" <drieben@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2012 10:18:40 AM
Subject: Re: [Bulk] Re: [TCML] Found a cap on ebay

Hi Matthew, Michael,

Although the CDE 942 series are GREAT for
reasonably sized MMC banks for small to medium
SG coil systems, their practicality really begins to wain
for use in very large SG driven Tesla coil systems.
IIRC, Michael is looking for around 140 nFd (.14 uFd)
worth of pulse cap for his large 15 kVA pole pig driven
coil. To obtain this total C while maintaining a safe
ceiling voltage rating for a large 14.4 kV pig driven sys-
tem would literally require multiple hundreds of these
units, not to mention the time and labor involved in
soldering and assembling them. At this level, it is
typically more practical and economical to just use
one (or a small number of) commercial pulse cap units.

David Rieben