[TCML] 2 beginner questions

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to help my son and his friend build their first tesla coil as a science project.  They have done a lot of work, and are about ready to wire it up and test it out.  We have 2 questions:

1. They are using 942 series .15uF capacitors, which they have soldered in series in a single string (with parallel bleed capacitors) to achieve the required (2x DC rated) voltage and capacitance recommended by Teslamap software.  However, we read recently that the primary section is high current as well as high voltage.  Their OBIT is rated about 240Watts (10KV, 23mA).  Will this string be able to discharge quickly enough? Or will we need parallel strings?  (These caps are not cheap.)  A photo:

2. They have assembled a dryer duct toroid, bondo-ed and sanded, and applied aluminum foil tape.  It is pretty well done.  However, I don't have continuity from strip to strip of tape, or from strips to inner plates, due I believe to the adhesive acting as an insulator.  Is this a consideration at the voltages that the toroid will see, or will the electrons jump readily all over the surfact?  Is there an easy way to unify the toroid electrically?  Another photo:

Thanks very much for your help.

Jeff