Re: [TCML] Tuning primary to secondary with a scope

It's good to remember that Leon Theremin invented his instrument (basically, a collection of small Tesla coils--well, almost) without a scope. Pretty remarkable, when you think about it.

===Carl

This is the reason scope tuning is of little value for accurate tune at high power.

By all means use scope to tune ballpark then full power runs followed by small primary tap changes is the way to dial in the final tune. Keep in mind this will change every time you run the coil in different surroundings.

I thought you classic coil boys would be against all this modern scope stuff anyway ;)

Colin Heath