Re: [TCML] Charging a cap to 63% V

On 3/19/12 12:37 PM, Gary Lau wrote:
NST's can behave in unexpected ways with regard to power processed, vs.
applied voltage and capacitive load.  I performed an experiment to
determine the optimum capacitor value for 15/30 and 15/60 NST's, at 120V
and max Variac (~135V) input voltage.  The experiment
and results are documented at
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B0afsm3K5nFYNGQ3MmJlZGEtYjQ5My00OTJhLTkwNDMtOWEwMjRkYWJkZjAy

Interesting sets of data..

On the first test, what was the AC voltage (you said Variac at Max, but what was that?)

I note that the power increase is about what I'd expect if it's putting out 135V vs 120V (that is, the power is P120*(135/120)^2)

At least for small capacitances.