Re: [TCML] Calculating transformer output at lower voltages

Hi Gary,

Actually, it's quite linear unloaded. Remember this graph ages ago?
http://www.classictesla.com/temp/15-30nst-vout-vin.gif

Take care,
Bart

On 6/8/2012 9:45 AM, Gary Lau wrote:
Hi Jim,

I must disagree with your post.  The advice is often given to determine an
NST's secondary voltage by feeding 120VAC to the secondary and measuring
the resulting Vprimary, this makes sense.  However, having tried this, it
doesn't work. There's some very non-linear stuff going on with NST's, even
well below saturation.  There was a thread on this topic several years ago,
I don't recall the resolution.

Regards, Gary Lau
MA, USA