Re: [TCML] The Practical construction of VTTCs

Hello Neon,

VTTC's are not very critical or complex.  The schematic you
referenced should work OK.  The listed values are probably
sufficient for use with two MOT's.  I often use a single large
MOT with level shifter (doubler) which gives 4kV output to the
tubes.  However the 572B's can be unhappy with such high
voltage and can be destroyed.

The circuit itself will limit the current.  No need to use any
ballast.  No need for an oil filled secondary unless you
just want too anyway.  In fact you can obtain better results
by removing the shunts from the MOT (depending on the MOT,
this can be hard to do without ruining the MOT... so using
two MOT's in parallel as you suggest may be the best bet).

 http://futuret.110mb.com   (website seems to be down now).

Cheers,
John