Re: [TCML] MOT stack replaced with PT, performance gone

Hi Ted, Scott,

The PT is 100:6000V, so with a slightly overvolted input, voltage output
should be about the same as with 4 MOT's.
To get a higher power throughput I've doubled the flying electrodes, going
from 200 to 400BPS. Did a run, still nothing..

Leaving the theoretical approach for what it was, I tuned the primary tap
inward. And here you go, the coil came back to life. With the MOT's, the
sweet spot was between 5,5 and 6 turns. It started sparking again when I
putting the tap a tad before the 5th turn. The sweet spot is now between 4
2/3  and  4 5/6 turns.

I am pleased with the result, but I don't understand what is going on in
reference to my calculation sheet. Please bear in mind my knowledge in this
matter is limited, but I've coped with the steep learning curve so far.
Since the secondary and topload are unchanged, Fres. should remain the
same.
On the primary side, Cp is unchanged. The primary 'L part' in the LC
calculation has just become more complex, at least for me I guess.

Regards,
Mark